After 18 months of hard work in our spare time, the PostGIS cookbook has been finally published!
The book, in a friendly tutorial fashion, covers a plethora of PostGIS related topics such as:
- Importing and exporting data
- Vectorial and Raster management and analysis functions
- Using desktop clients such as QGIS, OpenJump, gvSIG and UDig
- pgRouting and how to use the Nth dimension
- writing PostGIS programs with Python
- using PostGIS to do web GIS with web mapping engines and frameworks such as MapServer, GeoServer, OpenLayers, Leaflet and GeoDjango
- maintenance, optimization and performance tuning
Thanks to the other authors - Steve, Bborie and Thomas - for the huge effort done in these months.
I think the book has a ton of useful content, and I hope that it can be a good companion for all people working with PostGIS, together with the awesome PostGIS project documentation and the PostGIS in Action! book by Regina and Leo.
Get your own copy here!